Nov 9, 2011

A Beat-Down



This, i'm rather happy with. This piece is a small part of a longer film that, sufficed to say, didn't pan out. Shooting this was one of those nightmare shoots you hear about in documentaries about Terry Gilliam, and I gotta say, I'm kinda glad it was. I learned so much from this shoot that i can't help but look back on it fondly. Also, on it's own, i think this scene works pretty well. I won't give context, figure out for yourself what's happening here, it'll be more satisfying that way. I co-directed this with David Fryar.

A special thanks goes out to the main actor (the one that steals the bag), Simon Fogarty, for being so helpful and patient, and just a bit of an aul' legend.

1 comment:

  1. Really digging the atmosphere here. Also got kind of an Alien3 thing going on.

    ReplyDelete